Video Tutorials for the ProRealTime complete workstation
Warning:ProRealTime does not provide any financial investment advisory services. All information on this site is "General" information only and is not in any case personal or financial investment advice nor a solicitation to buy or sell any financial instrument.
Click on any of the titles below to launch the corresponding video tutorial.
First Steps with ProRealTime
Basic Tools: Charts, Drawing Objects and Indicators
- Display one chart and display multiple charts
- Link charts and change the security of one chart or several charts at once
- Set the timescale view and amount of historical data
- Basic zoom functions and zooming in on a specific period of time
- Advanced zoom functions: Maximize and minimize the horizontal and vertical scales
- Comment your charts with text
- Cursor: Customize the cursor type
- Cursor position: Display information on the cursor position on the charts.
- Customize the chart colors and display the grid lines.
- Print charts
- E-mail charts
- Use and customize objects (Ex: Fibonacci retracements, raff channels...)
- Draw and modify lines and segments
- Automatic drawing assistance
- Duplicate objects and draw parallel lines
- Move and modify objects and lines and change their endpoints
- Save drawn objects
- Display lines on inferior timescale views of the same security
- Stay in drawing mode or returning to cursor mode after each drawing
- Delete an object or quickly delete several objects
- Add an indicator into the price chart or in a separate chart.
- Modify the properties of an indicator
- Display or hide the value of indicators and price on the Y-axis.
- Display or hide the titles of indicator charts and the price chart
- Change the size and position of an indicator's chart or the price chart
- Compare several securities on the same chart
- Compare the relative strength of one security to another or to an index
Advanced Tools: Real-time Alerts and Scanning Tools, Indicator Programming, Backtesting and Other Advanced Tools
- Top movers scanner: Detect price and volume top movers or opening gaps
- Japanese candlestick form detection
- Find trading opportunities almost instantaneously with ProScreener
- ProScreener: Real-time scan with multiple conditions without writing a single line of code
- ProScreener: Modify settings
- ProScreener: Scan the market using multiple timescale views at once
- ProScreener: Scan with user-programmed indicators (ex: detect an upturn in the MACD Histogram)
- Backtest your strategies without writing a single line of code
- Money management, stops and dynamic variable optimization
Go back to the Help section