The following presentation will help you understand the basics of the Complete workstation in just a few minutes.
For a start, it is possible to distinguish several windows that are fully customizable (location, size)
- The main window is titled "ProRealTime" and allows you to display or hide all of the windows by minimizing it or restoring it.
In the main window you will find the Tool bar that allows you to draw objects in charts and make charting modifications.
- The "Lists" window allows you to view, create, modify or delete lists of securities.
- The "Spreads" window allows you to view, create, modify or delete lists of spreads. If you have real-time access, you may create real-time spreads such as 2x Dax future minus 1x mini CBOT future, and display candlesticks of the difference.
- The "Top Movers" window displays some predefined scanning tools based on selected conditions.
- The "Accounting tool" window allows you to replicate your real positions and monitor your trading performance directly from ProRealTime.
- The chart window allows you to view and setup charts. You can open several chart windows simultaneously.
- The "Alerts status" window allows you to see the current status of your alerts.
- The "Cursor details" window allows you to display information related to the cursor's current position.
To activate or diactivate the contextual help, go to the 'Help' menu and check or uncheck the option "Contextual Help".
If you activate it, keep in mind that every time your cursor stays motionless for one second on any feature of the workstation, a temporary help window will open as shown below.