You can detect all sort of candlestick configurations from the window 'Top Movers'.
Once in this window, simply click on the 'Candlesticks' label.
This tool gives you a list of stocks within any given market where the price evolution has created the specific candlestick configuration of your choice.
In this section we explain how you may detect the most popular candlestick patterns (including either the current or the last completed one) on many different time units.The customization of the window "Top Movers" is the same as the one for the window "Lists". Please refer to 'Create lists' for more details on this subject.
First, click on the candlesticks option to display our candlesticks top movers. Four drop-down menus allow you to configure it.
Leftmost drop-down menu: Market choice
By selecting a specific stock exchange in this drop-down menu the Top Movers search will only apply on the chosen market.
Middle-left drop-down menu: Candlesticks patterns
More than 40 Candlesticks patterns are available in this drop-down menu. Please refer to Candlesticks patterns for more details.
Middle-right drop-down menu: Current candlestick pattern or Completed candlestick pattern
You can either decide to detect
- current patterns including the latest candlestick and that should be confirmed when such latest candlestick ends. Note that a current pattern may disappear from your list at anytime, since the latest candlestick can change its shape with subsequent ticks.
- completed patterns that don't include the latest candlestick but the previous one. Such patterns will not disappear from your list as they are composed exclusively of candlesticks whose creation have been definitively ended.
Right drop-down menu: Choice of timescale
The timescale defines the reference time in regard to which the variations are calculated. For instance, selecting '30 minutes' results in the instantaneous calculation of variations between the current quote and the quote 30 minutes ago.
Customizing the columns of your table
Left-clicking on the tool, outlined below in yellow, opens a small window with the list of all available columns.
Please note that when you see a table in the window 'Lists', the window 'Top Movers' or the window 'Portfolios', you can always left-click on the tool icon and choose the columns to add or to delete. Selected column(s) will appear or disappear as you tick the corresponding boxes.
The data on each column is described below:
- Last - Latest quotation.
- %Chg - Percentage variation between the current quotation and the closing quote of the day before.
- Chg - Difference between the closing quote of the current day and the closing quote of the day before.
- Volume - Volume of orders in thousands (K) or millions (M).
- Capital - Volume x Last quote.
- Open - Opening quote of the trading day.
- High - Highest quotation for the security during the trading day.
- Low - Lowest quotation for the security during the trading day.
- Prev - Closing quote of the day before.
- Security - Nature of financial instrument (bond, currency, fund, future, index, option, stock or warrant).
- ISIN - Share code composed of 12 characters of which the first two signify the place where the shares are quoted.
- Ticker - Code symbol composed of 3 characters.
The items of your list can be sorted from A to Z or from Z to A for columns displaying texts and from ascending or descending order for columns displaying numbers. To switch from one order to the other, left-click on the header of the column you wish to sort.
E.g.: Clicking on the header 'Name' sorts the items of the list from A to Z, whereas clicking again on the header 'Name' sorts the items from Z to A.